Sunday, August 22, 2010

I'm considering making this a....

beer blog. Well, a blog that let's me bullshit about the beer I make, and sometimes, the food I make to accompany the beer, or food made WITH my beer.

Only because I've been working for hours ( at times ) to get my recipe's right. I've made seven batch's so far. Five have been bottled, and mostly, drank. The other two were brewed this weekend and are sitting in the fermenters. Yesterday we made my beer, which was an Imperial Dark Stout that I'm calling N.A.P. Dark Imperial Vanilla Stout. Today, we made Cat's choice, which was a Honey Orange Heff. Catchy name undecided as of now.

For next weekend, I'm making a holiday ale. The name came to me immediatly. Holy Dale Holiday Ale. Named after Dale Crover of course. I plan on it being a nice, warming, kick your ass ale. At least 9.5 % ABV and spiced up with nutmeg, cinnamon, vanilla, and orange zest. I want this to be something to keep your wimpy ass warm on a winter night.

My HDHA will be the second beer I've named regarding the Melvins. I made an IIPA a few months ago, and Dog Island came on while I was bottling, and my Dog Island Imperial IPA was named. Almost 9 oz. of hops in the boil, and dry hopped with another 2 oz. made it a damn strong and hoppy beer. It came in second out of 15 beers at a tiny homebrew competition a few weeks ago. I missed first place by 2 points. For it being the fifth batch I've ever made, I'll take it. I'm going to make it again very soon, with some minor changes to the hop schedule, and maybe add a darker malt, just to deepen up the taste and color a bit.

Well, I think that's enough........I'll write more on this later.

Oh...........and I made some killer fucking pork ribs and corn on the bbq tonight. It went well with the DogFish Head 60 minute IPA.

1 comment:

Idlehanz said...

This beer was renamed. By my closest friend. Now known as Santa's Lap. Another Dale beer will be made in the future.